☆ Serena ☆
Today is February 4th, 2008...

It is the almost the end of school. We have Language Arts at the last block and by that time, all of us were almost asleep... We were TIRED!!! I see people lying on top of their desks, dropping their heads bit by bit, and I even heard one yawn. Oh my, is the class boring or is it because school is about to end??

Well anyway, at that point... we were reading this book called "The Old Man and the Sea" by Ernest Hemingway.


We sat in a small circle and took out our books (just like the one above, exactly...). We began reading it with our teacher, Mr. Laffin, first. It goes like: the teacher, Victor, Andrew, Patrick, Tung Erh, Lian, me, Jasmine (Jazzy), Annchi, Cherine and then back to Mr. Laffin. We were trying to get each other to read the longer paragraphs (we POPCORN"ED" to each other like that). Sometimes, we attack the same person and making he / she to read them. :) The he / she who gets to do all the long readings were complaining about them having bad lucks. That's how Mr. Laffin wants us to write this blog post, not on bad lucks, but on GOOD LUCKS (HAPPY ONES)!!!!! So, that's why I'm sharing mine's with all of you.... :)

My Happiest Moments: (Now, we are at the time when I was 7 years old...)
You ready?
1...
2...
3...

BOOM!!!
Right now, you're an angel (I suppose) that floats on my shoulders...
There was SARS in Taiwan, so we decided to go to the US...

-----

Today is the first day of school. My school is called "Melbourne Elementary School" and it's in California, US. I live in my Aunty's house with my mom and my brother. In California, the air is so, so, so fresh that I can forget all about other things...

1. The air makes me happy... (Wait... Does that count? ¬__¬??)
(Continue)...

So, my mom drove me and my brother to the school, although I wish I could go there by walking. It was a big school and lots of Americans were there. I was suppose to be in Grade 1 that time, but they let me in Grade 2. So, I was there being the youngest in the grade; and the only Chinese.
The ground was paved and we were lining up due to the sign which says my grade. I looked around me, my classmates were staring at me. I'm like "Oh my!!". I freaked out. I was getting nervous. Just I was about to race for my mother, our teacher, Ms. Mazur, came to us and introduced her to us. All of us need to shake hands with the teacher, one by one...
I was nervous, like I mentioned, and she held out her right and without knowing what I was doing, I reached out the same hand! So, embarrassing!! (THAT WAS MY EMBARRASSING MOMENT!!) You know why? I was busy observing her with shock. That time I was thinking: "Is she really my teacher or is she my principal?". Hahah... I was dumb that time.... > <> <

In grade 2, we do not have division in gender like we do now. I get quite well along boys... They are all very nice, indeed. ^_^... I met a girl called Amanda. She had the same "mentor" teacher (I dunno if it's even spelt like that or not but....) I had. My mentor is far much better than my homeroom teacher... (Sorry to say this but umm...) She sends me cards, candies, and little gifts almost everyday.

2. Being with a mentor teacher.
(Continue...)

I got to know Amanda and we spent time together lots of times. Another friend of mine's, Hannah, she introduced me with another friend of hers (which I had forgotten the name, but remembered her looks...).

3. I enjoy being around with welcoming friends. (Not that I mean that being around with HIS friends are bad, but that was my first time having American friends and others from other countries). "A different taste of friends..."

It was my birthday (about that time). We celebrated with my cousin and my brother. We wrote cards and invited everyone I like = my friends, to the party. We played games and had lots of fun.

4. Having fun with people I like...
(Continue...)

Sadly, at when we were about to leave back to Taiwan... My friends didn't have emails or any way for me to contact them with. That was bad. So right now, while I was writing this, I am also thinking about them... So sad... so bad.... The only way right now is to use social networks to find them when we are all older. :)
THAT WAS ONE OF MY HAPPIEST MOMENTS~~ THE END~~ HAHA
0 Responses